ABOUT KELO-COTE® SCAR REPAIR GEL
Kelo-cote® is a patented, transparent, self-drying silicone gel technology which improves the appearance of scars and prevents abnormal or excessive scar formation. Its main ingredient, silicone, is the No. 1 dermatologist-recommended scar-reduction treatment ingredient. Kelo-cote® works to diminish the appearance of hypertrophic scars and keloids, which have a raised and/or discolored appearance. These types of scars may result from surgery, injury, burns, acne, cuts, insect bites, and others. Kelo-cote® is self-drying, colorless and odorless. When used as directed, Kelo-cote® has been shown to soften and flatten raised scars, and reduce the redness associated with scars. Kelo-cote® is clinically tested, and effective for both old and new scars; it also is suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin.
- Clinically Tested Improves the appearance of scars from: (Individual results will vary) • Surgery • Burns • Cuts/Injury • C-Sections • Cosmetic Procedures • Trauma
- Intended Use Kelo-cote® is intended for the management of old and new scars, including hypertrophic and keloid scars, resulting from surgery, trauma, wounds and burns. For prevention of abnormal scars, use as soon as the wound is closed or sutures are removed.
HOW TO USE Kelo-cote® Scar Gel Ensure that the affected area is clean and dry. Apply Kelo-cote® to the area as a very thin coat and allow to dry. Apply Kelo-cote® twice a day. Once dry, it can be covered with cosmetics or sunscreen. The recommended duration of treatment is 60-90 days. Warnings: Avoid direct contact with eyes, mucous membranes, third degree burns and open wounds. Kelo-cote® should not be used on dermatological conditions that disrupt the integrity of the skin. For external use only. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician. Keep this product out the reach of children. Store below 25°C/77°F. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I use Kelo-cote® on any part of my body? When used as directed, Kelo-cote® can be used on any part of the body, avoiding mucous membranes, open wounds, and direct contact with eyes. It is ideal for exposed or hard-to-treat areas such as face, ears, neck, scalp, arms, hands, and joint areas. Once dry, Kelo-cote® can also be worn under makeup.
- Can Kelo-cote® completely remove a scar? It is not possible to make a scar “invisible.” Kelo-cote® may, however, markedly improve the appearance of scars – old and new.
- How long should I use Kelo-cote®? Treatment duration will vary from person to person and from scar to scar, depending on many factors. Recommended minimum treatment time is 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer, therefore continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after the initial 90 days. Individual results will vary.